52 Lists for Happiness - Week Two
I really did go into this planning to complete one list every week, and then last week I kept meaning to write and I just couldn't sit and dedicate myself to writing, coupled with being run off my feet at work!
So at some point look forward to 2 posts in one week at some point!
List All the Routines in your Personal Life & Work
- I wake up most mornings between 5:45 and 6:00 am; if it is a week day I get up and begin to get ready for the day. I get a 500ml bottle of water with lemon and I sit at my dressing table and watch Netflix or YouTube as I do my hair and make up. I love this routine. While it is indulgent and I could probably be able to get ready more quickly without watching anything I feel like it really helps me to not begin the day on a really nice note.
- When I get to work I organize my belongings at my desk and immediately go and get a coffee mmm!
- I would love to say that there is a defined rhythm to my work day, but basically it's just busy. I suppose my days are punctuated by Joel waking up at 8:30 and texting me, then again by lunch at noon and end of day at 4:30. But other than those punctuations there isn't a defined routine to my work day.
- When I get home the long trek to my parking spot is part of my routine, and the inevitable 5 minute wait for the elevators. Ask me how thrilled I am about both...
- My evenings can vary just as much as my work day, it depends what shift Joel is on, how busy my day was...
- Weekends I will say my favourite ritual is on Sundays Joel and I spend the day pretty low key, cooking, shopping, and usually falling into an internet black hole together.